This The Case of the Pilfered Pin: A Measurement Inquiry Activity lesson plan also includes:
Who pilfered the pin? Scholars practice measurement skills as they solve the mystery of a stolen pin. They measure length, temperature, and mass and determine which of select suspects committed the crime. During the STEM hands-on activity, pupils practice making predictions, drawing conclusions, and measuring with accuracy.
- Adapt to include other measurement skills such as measuring volume or density
- Extend learning by having small groups write their own investigations using the same measurement techniques and have other groups work through them
- Requires some set up before activity
- Interesting background story to engage learners
- Has both math and science applications