Cats provide many interesting chemistry connections! Learners explore chemical connections to cats in an episode of the ACS Reactions playlist. They pursue many chemistry topics including the neurological response to catnip and the chemical compounds in cat urine.
- Begin the lesson with videos of cats using catnip to provide motivation for the lesson
- Create a list of the molecules in cat urine and research their chemical makeups
- Requires a basic understanding of compound molecules
- Uses humor throughout the lesson to keep pupils interested
- Includes links to additional information