Question the text with a reading comprehension activity based on Chaim Potok's The Chosen. Learners read four passages from the book and decide if the question after each passage is between the reader and the author, for the reader to answer on his or her own, in the text itself, or for the reader to think about and search.
- A good warm-up or homework activity
- Include in a novel unit assessment, or to assess skill level of incoming learners
- Alignment of the worksheet might be difficult for some learners to follow; consider reformatting the worksheet
- A helpful strategy for any kind of reading
- Great for reading intervention classes, and/or for struggling readers
- Provides a rationale for each question