This The Classification of Living Things lesson plan also includes:
It's a classification sensation! Demystify why we classify using an inquiry activity that helps your class sort things out. Groups begin by classifying a variety of shoes before they research organisms and design their own dichotomous keys to identify a mystery organism.
- Have individuals share the organisms they chose for the Your Choice portion of each research sheet as a formative check throughout the lesson
- Display some examples of the organisms students are classifying
- Pupils must have access to a smart device capable of scanning QR codes to complete the research portion of the lesson
- Allow extra time for younger students to complete the activity—there's a lot going on!
- The summative assessment is easy to grade and provides a clear picture of learning
- Activities are engaging for learners of all ages