This The Clinton Years, or the 1990s video also includes:
If you're short on time toward the end of the school year but would like to give your class a thorough overview of the United States in the 1990s, check out this detailed and entertaining review. The video reviews everything from domestic terrorist attacks in the country and poor foreign policy choices to shifts in congressional makeup and presidential milestones. It also spends a good deal of time discussing the introduction of computers and the Internet, and how this increased use of information technology impacted economic development.
- Great resource for briefly touching upon many economic, political, and social moments of the last decade in the twentieth century
- Speaker presents material in an engaging and dynamic manner
- Directly quotes Bill Gates and reviews primary source material regarding the Internet and "information superhighway"
- Learners should be familiar with some basic political and economic concepts, such as inflation, e-commerce, and stock investment
- Speaker moves through information very quickly, and instructor may wish to pause to clarify concepts and answer questions