This The Coriolis Effect Due to Earth's Rotation video also includes:
Why do big storms spin as they travel? As Earth spins, the movement of air and water change. Viewers observe the Coriolis effect on paper airplanes, water, and even hurricanes—and find the effect is everywhere!
23 Views 17 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Designed
- Share a video about the way water spins in each hemisphere and on the equator
- Relies on prior knowledge of high and low pressure
- Stream or download and share the video as needed
- Provides video and subtitles in English and Spanish
- Includes teaching tips and a background essay