This The Crisis in the Ivory Coast lesson plan also includes:
Through reading a variety of news articles and other informational texts, learners discover the political turmoil and intense ethnic and religious tensions that envelop the Ivory Coast today. Class members research the historical background of the region and discuss possible options to address this major world conflict. This would be a great way to connect your studies of historical revolutions and civil wars to modern world affairs!
- Includes great variety and number of discussion questions or guiding questions for research on topic
- Links to background information and news articles provided
- Brings attention to important, yet often overlooked, world issues
- Linked videos do not function properly
- Instructor will need to spend a great deal of time becoming familiar with current conflict and historical background
- Instructional activities limited to reading and discussion