Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
An educational activity focuses on the idea of conservation of matter through a demonstration of the water cycle, a discussion of digesting food, and the path of carbon and oxygen atoms as they change form.
74 Views 168 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Research the timeline of the earth recycling paper in a landfill versus people recycling paper in a recycling factory
- Relies on prior knowledge from the previous lessons in the series
- While the lesson requires three days, the third day's portion only lasts about 15 minutes
- Lesson is the sixth in a seven-part series
- Includes ideas for accommodation and extension of the lesson
- Provides discussion questions and ideal answers
- Highlights common misconceptions so the teacher can address them as they arise