This The Day Jace Kelly Popped activity & project also includes:
Anger can creep inside and build up in all of us. Prepare your youngsters for this feeling by reading the story of Jace Kelly through this series of storytelling printables, and discover the strategies he would eventually learn to stay calm when his "bad mood scale" filled up.
- For a more dramatic effect, have a physical balloon on hand that you can blow into as the story unfolds. You can also practice by creating another story and instead deflating the balloon as pupils offer ideas for staying calm and collected
- Make sure that youngsters remember to keep adults informed if they are aware of other children who might be angry or have anger building up for any reason
- Large graphics support reading comprehension
- List of ideas for staying calm are provided on the last page
- Includes a few supplemental resources, such as a worksheet to follow-up your reading of the story (see included materials)
- Some of the images are pixelated