This The Dead Zone lesson plan also includes:
The fifth installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program defines dead zones and how they form. Pupils then examine data from the Gulf of Mexico to determine dead zone formation.
10 Views 20 Downloads
- Use the resource to introduce eutrophication
- Learners should be familiar with the biogeochemical cycle covered in the previous lesson
- The activity has a large reading component
- Handouts are available for learners to use to take notes
- Resource includes a complete slideshow that you can use during the lesson