This The Death and Resurrection of Theater as...Liturgical Drama: Crash Course Theater #8 video also includes:
If it weren't for Catholicism, theater may not exist today. As the eighth video in the Crash Course Theater series explains, early Christians despised theater, but as the art began to die, it found a new life during Catholic mass. The video shows the timeline between the fall of the Roman Empire and the resurrection of theater and entertains viewers with a bit of the songs and dialogue that made up a liturgical drama.
- Conduct additional research related to liturgical drama and have scholars create their own timelines to note key events
- Play a clip of actors performing part of a liturgical drama
- Contains some lewd content (related to time period) and uses phrases such as hecken dull
- Brings in songs and images to help support the content
- Spends a lot of time on background information, straying a bit from the topic, before getting back on track