This The Devil’s Arithmetic: QAR Strategy lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Asking questions about the text is an important way for kids to become critical readers. Use a QAR activity based on The Devil's Arithmetic to help learners decipher between questions that are right there, between the author and the reader, or on your own.
- Helpful for a literary arts center or reading intervention class
- Have kids track their questions and observations in a reading log
- Include the worksheet in a reading assessment at the end of the novel
- Helpful for readers of all skill levels to master close reading
- Provides a good amount of background knowledge and tips for the teacher