This The Division of Polynomials lesson plan also includes:
Build a true understanding of division of polynomials. Learners use their knowledge of multiplying polynomials to create an algorithm to divide polynomials. The area model of multiplication becomes the reverse tabular method of division.
18 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Begin with multiplying polynomials using the area model and progress to division
- Working in pairs, have individuals create problems by multiplying polynomials, trade with their partners, and then divide
- Builds directly from the previous lesson in the 42-part series
- Spends time developing the concept through by analyzing patterns
- Includes a detailed teacher guide with questioning and scaffolding suggestions