Your fingernails grow at approximately the same rate Earth's continents move. The video discusses Earth as a planet, its layers, our magnetic field, the atmosphere, and the human impact on Earth. It provides interesting facts that surprise many scholars throughout the video.
- Research the science fiction concept of terraforming and discuss how it relates to the lesson
- Relies on prior knowledge of the formation of the solar system
- Be aware some of the comments include language not appropriate in most classrooms
- List of source material contains many high-quality publications
- Offers subtitles in Arabic, Dutch, English, Portuguese, and Spanish