This The Effect of the Great Depression on Children and Education lesson plan also includes:
What was it like to be a kid growing up during the Great Depression? Academics study primary sources to analyze the effect of school closures on children during the Great Depression. They then participate in group discussions and writing activities to supplement their primary source analyses.
- Lead a group discussion on what pupils think life was like for children during the Great Depression
- Have learners brainstorm why it is important to receive an education
- Students may need a brief background of The Great Depression before using the resource
- The lesson provides real letters written about school closures
- Contains extended lesson activities in the lesson plan