Why Lesson Planet?
Assist your class with understanding how Earth's atmosphere is affected by radio signals. They discuss current knowledge of radio waves and construct an aluminum screen to mimic the effects of the ionosphere. They continue the instructional activity by completing problems on scientific notations related to radio waves and various atmospheric conditions.
- Play various radio frequencies for the class and discuss differences as to why sound is more likely to travel on one frequency and not another
- Have the class work additional scientific notation problems to ensure they understand the concepts presented
- Ensure all students have access to a calculator capable of performing scientific notation calculations
- Scientific notation problems allow learners to further understand the relationship between radio waves and the atmosphere
- Images allow learners to better understand the association between the ionosphere and Jupiter's signals