Electrons don't really exist as particles in an atom, but more as waves which move at different frequencies. Explore electron configurations through learning about their shells and orbitals and how this relates to the periodicity of the periodic table.
- Preview the video and script questions to ask learners throughout the video
- Have models of electron configurations set up around the room to use or refer to throughout the video
- Must have a computer, access to the Internet, and video projection system to use the resource
- Video incorporates the history of electron knowledge, helping learners understand an electron's location, movement, and stability as we know them today
- Video uses an analogy that compares electron orbitals to music, which learners may find difficult to follow