Extra! Extra! Read all about past and present energy use in a classroom-made historical newspaper. Useful as a cross-curricular assignment between science, history, and language arts, the project is sure to get young journalists researching, writing, and talking.
- Display the newspaper deadline for all to see, providing reminders or checklists to keep pupils on track to a successful completion
- Create a kid-friendly rubric that class members can reference while working
- Make multiple copies of the finished product for learners to browse when time permits
- Schedule time in the library, computer lab, or on mobile learning devices to allow pupils to research and write their part of the newspaper
- Browse news articles prior to bringing them in to verify their appropriateness for school
- Offers detailed teacher directions
- Lists several extension activities