This The English Renaissance and NOT Shakespeare: Crash Course Theater #13 video also includes:
Believe it or not, Shakespeare wasn't the only British playwright to rise to fame during the Renaissance. Writers other than the Bard make up the content of a video about British theater during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. The discussion provides an overview of common elements of drama popular at the time, as well as brief summaries of a few key plays.
- Share a slideshow presentation about the Renaissance to provide more information on the time period
- Discuss the styles of theaters found in England and have groups create drawings or models to illustrate what they learned
- Part of a larger series on the history of theater that presents videos in chronological order
- Uses humor to help make the information more interesting to learners
- Brings in images and animation to enhance the content