Energy is the latest buzz word. Help your class understand the truth behind the hype as they view the video segment and learn the difference between nuclear and solar energy, LED and fluorescent bulbs, and kilowatt hours. They learn the basic principles of energy conservation and how to better prepare the future for what lies ahead.
- Divide the class into groups and have each group construct a model of an alternate energy source, such as wind energy or solar energy
- Research ways the population may reduce energy consumption in the near future and the benefits of these actions
- Spend ample time on this segment due to the importance of it in relation to the present day
- Information relates to material in current events, and the class gains great insight about helping the environment while learning important scientific concepts
- May be adapted and expanded