How do people stop the spread of an ideology they don't think is right? Scholars research the policy of containment during the start of the Cold War. Small groups analyze primary sources to determine how the United States combated communism in the aftermath of World War II. Individuals then craft an essay stating their conclusions.
- Create teams of students to break down primary documents during reading to assist those who struggle
- Extend the lesson with the use of containment materials over the course of the Cold War
- Documents are difficult to read, so pace the lesson accordingly
- Fnal lesson of a three-part series
- Resource provides primary source materials for research and lesson extension
- Contains printable worksheets for classroom use