Introduce young chefs to nutritious eating with a cookbook that is divided into sections focusing on one of the five food groups. It includes lessons, activities, and recipes. How wholesome!
320 Views 217 Downloads
- Although the provided background information has a focus on Virginia history, the materials can be adapted to any classroom
- Recipes, lessons, and activities for the five major food groups (grain, vegetable, fruit, dairy, meat and beans) are included
- Some of the recipes require electric skillets, crock pots, and/or other cooking devices
- Historical background, nutrition information, as well as writing and graphing activities address all subject areas
- Requires the use of electric cooking equipment