This The Geography of Europe lesson plan also includes:
What is the European Union? Where is it? Why is it? To begin a study of the EU, class members examine the physical geography of Europe and the size and population density of 28-member countries in comparison to non-member countries like the United States, Russia, and China.
- At the onset of the lesson, provide class members with an explanation of why the size of the European Union and information about population density is important
- The first in a series of six resources that examine the European Union
- The membership information is dated, listing Turkey as a candidate for membership and the UK as a member
- The eight-page resource includes maps, worksheets, a step-by-step plan, and data charts
- Provides little context about why land size and population density is important