The characters in Lois Lowry's The Giver are rich and complex as they weave their way through the plot. Examine the character traits of one chosen person with a biopoem, which enables learners to follow a poetic format in writing a description.
1 Collection 81 Views 63 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the format as a getting-to-know-you activity, or during the first week of school
- Eliminate the names from the poems and have classmates guess the characters using context clues
- Include in a class portfolio, either based on the work from this novel or throughout the year
- A creative and fun way to access the text
- Provides a student worksheet as well as a solid example of the finished product