This The Giver: Vocabulary Bingo! lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Bingo! Combine the thrill of bingo with Lois Lowry's The Giver in a fun vocabulary instructional activity. Kids write selected vocabulary words from the novel onto a bingo chart, and then listen for the correct definitions in order to mark off their words.
- Bring the game in early in the novel unit, before your class has reached any of the words in questions
- Have the winner of each game create sentences or short stories using all five of the words they lined up to win
- First page is blank, but the instructions are included at the end of the resource
- Provides a list of both the words and their definitions
- An engaging way to involve learners of all skill levels