This The Glenn Miller Story (Film) - Teacher's Guide lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Anthony Mann's 1953 film biography, The Glenn Miller Story, is the focus of a series of activities that introduce class members to Miller's life and music. Of particular interest to music high schoolers will be the cameos by many famous musicians of the day.
- The film was remastered in 2003 and again in 2007 and released on DVD
- A great way to introduce the big band sound
- A link is provided to a list of discussion questions that will work with any film
- The 2003 DVD version of the 115-minute film, remastered and colorized, may appear dated to some viewers