This The Great Gatsby: Symbolic Story Representation lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
The themes of The Great Gatsby are embodied in the images F. Scott Fitzgerald creates. To encourage reader interaction with the text, individuals create a symbolic representation of themselves, place themselves in the story, and consider how they see the novel as a participant.
- Model the activity for class members
- Save examples from year to year to serve as models
- The directions for the activity, while clear, are complex and will require extra time to explain
- A rationale for the activity and complete directions are included
- No models are included to illustrate the assignment