He's often remembered as the man who died and left Hitler in power, but Paul von Hindenburg's military career before becoming president of Germany sheds light on his meteoric rise. Part of the Who did What in WW1? series, the engaging video biography encourages individuals to consider how Germany became the Nazi state after World War I.
- Use the video to engage viewers in researching Hindenburg
- Build context for learners around Hitler's rise to power
- Picture of Hindenburg dead in his casket may make the video inappropriate for some pupils
- Intriguing images and video help stimulate learners' interest
- Connects Paul von Hindenburg's biography to larger historical themes
- Biography is incredibly detailed and may lose some viewers' interest