Hidden bacteria have been trapped in the permafrost of our northernmost climates. An intriguing video explores climate change and its effects on the melting permafrost. Learners discover possible impacts these bacteria can have on the world environment.
- Research the topic further to develop a timeline of the expected happenings as the climate changes
- Prior to the video, have pupils brainstorm positive and negative effects of climate change
- Best used during a unit studying climate change and/or greenhouse gases
- Highlights actual research and methods of research
- Includes images of actual permafrost samples