This The Hottest Place on Earth video also includes:
Where is the hottest place on Earth, and how can scientists prove it? The video discusses multiple methods for measuring the temperatures across the planet. Then it discusses the hottest places measured by each method and their accuracy. Finally, it shares the hottest place on Earth, which might not be what you expected.
- Practice converting Fahrenheit to Celsius
- Ensure pupils can find all of the deserts mentioned on a globe
- Public comments allow for inappropriate language, so avoid showing the comments when displaying the video in your classroom
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Offers closed captioning in Arabic, English, Spanish, and Thai
- Includes photographs and satellite data from each location discussed