This The House of Representatives lesson plan also includes:
The House of Representatives has a lot of responsibility in the United States government. But how did it all begin, and why is it the way it is now? A comprehensive lesson answers all of these questions about the US Constitution and more with scaffolded reading activities, writing assignments, group work, and multiple-choice comprehension questions.
- Differentiate for English learners with a visual to correspond with each essay
- Have pupils discuss how the House of Representatives would be different if each clause were missing
- The third lesson in a series on the United States government
- Activities for before, during, and after reading create an active learning experience
- Extended learning activities help scholars develop skills and gain more in-depth knowledge
- Each clause related to the House of Representatives shows high schoolers why the US Constitution is so important