This The House on Mango Street: Anticipation Guide lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Prior to an in-class reading of "What Sally Said" and"Red Clowns," two vignettes from Sandra Cisneros' The House on Mango Street, class members complete an anticipation guide that asks them to agree or disagree with a series of statements and to offer reasons for their stance.
- Have available information about support services provided on and off campus
- The activity requires a safe classroom where topics like abuse and racial prejudice can be discussed in a serious and respectful manner
- Statement number five would need to be edited to remove the state-specific reference
- The first in a series of 11 resources designed for The House on Mango Street
- The packet includes a rationale for the strategy, step-by-step directions, and a printable anticipation guide