Was the House Un-American Activities Committee justified in investigating subversive influences in the entertainment industry? Part two of the three-part series of lessons that examine the anti-communism movement after World War II, focuses on the HUAC investigation of the entertainment industry and the Hiss-Chambers Hearings.
- Preliminary activities are included for those unfamiliar with reading primary sources
- The three lessons are designed to be used in order and to build on one another
- The detailed plan includes worksheets, group activities, and discussion questions
- All required materials are included in the attached zip file
- Links to additional background materials are included
Included Materials - Join to Access
- The House Un-American Activities Committee
- Anticommunism in Postwar America: Interactive Timeline of the early Cold War years
- nticommunism in Postwar America, 1945–1954: Witch Hunt or Red Menace?
- Lesson Plan
- Reading Passage
- Primary Source