This The Internet Is for Everyone handout & reference also includes:
- Activity Guide - Primary Source: “The Internet is for Everyone” (PDF)
- Activity Guide - Primary Source: “The Internet is for Everyone” (Doc)
- The Internet is for Everyone - Abbreviated Version (PDF)
- The Internet is for Everyone - Abbreviated Version (Doc)
- What is the Internet?
- Join to access all included materials
What is this thing called the Internet? A KWL activity elicits what the class knows about how the Internet works. Then pupils read a copy of a memo about the need to keep the Internet open and accessible by everyone.
24 Views 18 Downloads
- Have the class brainstorm how the Internet works
- Encourage indviduals to research the Request for Comments documents about the Internet
- The lesson assumes that the class has a basic understanding of how the Internet works, though not of all the technical aspects
- The lesson is the 10th in a series of 19.
- The reading comes in two different forms, the primary source and an abbreviated version
- The video provides a short description of the Internet by one of the co-founders
- The first Teaching Tips still include editing notes