This The Jungle Project: Creating a Magazine activity & project also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
To conclude a study of Upton Sinclair's, The Jungle, groups are tasked with creating a multi-media magazine in which they investigate one aspect of the foods industry. The packet details the requirements for the project, and includes rubrics for assessing not only the project itself but the performances of groups members as well. A perfect project in an age of product labeling and GMOs.
- The assignment sheet clearly states project expectations
- The rubrics are based on the assignment sheet
- Expectations of group members are specific
- Consider whether your class members would benefit from a topic brainstorming session before beginning the project