- To better understand the conflict between Amir and Hassan, two characters in Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner, readers assume the voice of one of the boys and craft a letter to the other that explains his feelings and concerns.
6 Views 10 Downloads
- To prepare for the letter writing activity, have groups conduct a reciprocal reading of the pomegranate passage
- Some readers may need additional scaffolding to successfully complete the assignment; therefore, prepare a model letter in the voice of one of the other characters in the novel
- The lesson begins with a journal prompt that asks kids to make a personal connection to the conflict
- Some class members may need additional scaffolding and models to successfully complete the assignment