This The Last Generation interactive also includes:
How does climate impact the town, city, or area where people live? Scholars research the concept of climate change as it pertains to the Marshall Islands. The opening lesson of a two-part series uses interactive online resources and videos to investigate how people in the Marshall Islands are dealing with the impacts of climate change. Young scholars analyze the lives of children as they cope with seeing their homes literally begin to vanish before their eyes as the ocean water rise.
- Create a map exercise to locate areas of the Pacific as a preview of the Marshall Islands unit
- Assign research teams to work together in analyzing the Marshall Islands
- Assumes students have online access if assigning as homework
- Resource provides detailed lesson plans for teacher use
- Lesson differentiates instruction for audio and visual learners