This The Last Generation: Climate Change and the Marshall Islands lesson plan also includes:
Are some families down to their last generation? The final segment of a two-part climate change series investigates the vanishing Marshall Islands. Scholars divide into research teams to analyze three different individuals whose lives are changing as drastically as the climate around them. They use video research to present each story as they wrestle with being the last people to live in a certain area before the ever-growing ocean swallows it.
- Compare and contrast climate change in the Marshall Islands with other parts of the world
- Extend research with a New York Times article on the Marshall Islands
- Class works in three groups
- Teacher resources include detailed lesson plans
- Contains printable worksheets and materials to go along with online resources