This The Line of Best Fit handout & reference also includes:
If it's warm, they will come! Learners find a line of best fit to show a relationship between temperature and beach visitors. Previous lessons in the series showed pupils how to create and find associations in scatter plots. Now, they learn to place lines of best fit, analyze their strength, and use them to make predictions.
- Use a set of data for pupils to perform the process of creating a scatter plot to making a prediction
- Ask scholars to bring examples of scatter plots and/or graphs from the media to analyze
- Classroom requires Internet access to show the video
- Problem set contains a good number of questions and provides an answer key
- Practice problems make connections to the slope and intercept of linear equations within the context
- Most questions are recall-level questions