A lion of the battlefield, Philippe Petain directed the French forces during World War I. What influence did he and victory have over France's plans in the war? An informative installment of the Who Did What in WWI? series helps viewers understand the debates behind military tactics and the effects of technologies on troops.
- Use the video to illustrate the hardships of military life during World War I
- Graphic images may make the video unsuitable for all students
- Learners may need background information on World War I to understand the significance of some battles the video biography discusses
- Intriguing photographs stimulate curiosity
- Seamless discussion of biography and larger picture ideas
- Two embedded ads in video disrupt instructional use
- Pedantic at times and may lose some learners in the details