Learn about character traits with a biopoem activity. Based on Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince, the activity prompts learners to fill in the blanks of a poem form to describe themselves.
10 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have kids create biopoems with characters from the book, or with characters from other books that relate to the same themes
- Encourage kids to share their biopoems in front of the class and decorate them for an art walk
- The background of the resource is a colored illustration, which could affect understanding
- Does not provide many directions, and because the resource is written by a student teacher, the purpose of the assignment is a little wordy
- Versatile for numerous novels, stories, and getting-to-know-you activities
- Engaging for learners of all reading levels