This The Little Red Hen lesson plan also includes:
The Little Red Hen is a wonderful story to teach youngsters about the value of teamwork and sharing responsibilities. As you read through the story, ask comprehension questions to check for and enhance understanding in your class. Kids then work on various activities where they can use the lessons they learned from the story.
- Use the extension activities in small groups, and have kids rotate between each group to practice each skill
- Have kids come up with their own stories based on the characters and puppets from the story
- Fosters a cooperative and generous spirit in your classroom
- Extension activities offer a variety of skill sets (cooking, art, games, etc)
- Provides a kindergarten and first grade version as well as the preschool version