This The L.O.S.T. Art of Image Description - Converging Lenses interactive also includes:
Magnifying glasses and cameras often use converging lenses, but how do they alter an image? Pupils discover a lens, axis, and object arrow before identifying four characteristics of the resulting image. They label the location, orientation, relative size, and type.
- Work through a couple of problems together to ensure students understand how to enter answers into the interactive
- Relies on prior knowledge of converging lenses and image description
- Works on smart phones, tablets, laptops, or desktop computers
- Offers explanations of how to solve the problems as well as extra practice for those who struggle
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Links to teaching tips, presentations of the material, and additional modules for learning