This The Marshall Plan: The Vision of a Family of Nations unit also includes:
The European Recovery Act (aka the Marshall Plan) was designed to bring together and develop a spirit of cooperation among European nations after World War II. Class members examine the materials from the Marshall Plan exhibit and assess the diplomacy that was required to institute the plan.
- Have class members evaluate the need for diplomacy and diplomatic skills in terms of the current political climate
- Include in a study of post-World War II Europe, the Cold War, and especially the Marshall Plan itself
- The resource predates the opening of the Diplomacy Center
- The 45-page educational guide includes a table of contents that makes it easy to locate specific resources and activities
- The worksheets are designed to address specific panels in the exhibit
- Simulations offer learners a chance to practice their diplomatic skills