If you're planning on including Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles in your science fiction unit, use a concept analysis guide to frame your instruction. It covers literary elements such as setting, narrative voice, and theme, as well as any affective issues and vocabulary to anticipate during reading.
- Use when planning your novel unit to augment your instruction
- Have kids fill out their own concept analysis form with the story elements they encounter
- Include the extension projects as part of your curriculum instead of book reports
- Some pictures are in color, but printing in black and white shouldn't be a problem
- Best used as a reference guide, as it doesn't include activities for kids to complete
- Addresses key parts of the novel's structure and plot
- Include fun and engaging extension project ideas