This The Meaning of America: Enterprise and Commerce lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Using Mark Twain's The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg, invite your learners to consider the concept of virtue in a democratic society devoted to gain and self-interest. This stellar resource guides your class members through a close reading and discussion, and also includes a video seminar illustrating what high-level discourse regarding the text looks like.
- Reading material included
- Video is broken into excerpts according to major themes and concepts
- Well-designed discussion questions and writing prompts
- Interdisciplinary connections