This The Meaning of America: Equality lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What if society sought equality by handicapping the gifted and dispelling any traces of diversity? Kurt Vonnegut Jr. offers one possible answer to this question through his incredibly engaging and thought-provoking satirical story, "Harrison Bergeron". In addition to offering writing prompts and discussion questions that are sure to spark interest and debate amongst your readers, you will also have the opportunity to preview video excerpts where editors of the anthology engage in high-level discourse and work to elicit meaning from the classic American text.
- Excellent discussion questions and writing prompts
- Extensions to examine text using the Gettysburg Address or the Declaration of Independence
- Video excerpts can move a bit slowly, but participants provide insightful points of discussion
- Does not include step-by-step instructional plan