This The Medium Shapes the Message lesson plan also includes:
Where do you get your news? Have learners examine four different publications and decide which one they would choose to read on their own time. The resource includes a list of publication types to supply and a worksheet for groups to fill out as they investigate the different mediums.
- Extend or adapt the lesson by taking your class to the computer lab, where they can examine the online versions of different publications
- Note that the worksheet questions are based on observation and don't involve much interpretation or analysis; the plan does rely on the discussion portion, where pupils will have the opportunity to compare sources and think about the why? and the so what?
- Consider making more than four copies of each source so that you can split your class up into smaller groups
- Comes with some necessary materials and links to help you find other necessary materials
- Introduces learners to various types of media that they may encounter
- Supplies a long list of possible discussion questions