Guide class members through Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis with a series of questions designed for before, during, and after reading. Readers consider Gregor's situation and his options. In addition, they consider how they might rewrite the ending of tale.
- Add to a study guide for learners to reference throughout the unit
- Have one discussion question on the board when class members walk in, either to discuss as a class or as a writing prompt before reading
- Use in a reading assessment during relevant parts of the story
- Form literature circles so that readers may discuss what they have read and where they need clarification
- Resource prompts instructors to find copies of the book without cover images, which may be easier said than done
- A solid way to engage learners throughout the reading
- Discussion questions are engaging and varied, covering all levels of Bloom's Taxonomy