This The Mighty Mathematics of the Lever video also includes:
Exactly what did Archimedes mean when he said, "Give me a place to stand, and I will move the Earth"? Watch this video and find out as it explains the mathematics behind levers, and explores a few fun hypothetical situations involving the use of these simple machines.
- Watch this video during a physical science unit on simple machines
- After watching this video, have your class perform a series of experiments verifying the mathematics of levers
- Assign this resource as homework in your flipped classroom
- Fun animations help to both engage viewers and explain the concepts being addressed
- Teachers are given the option of creating their own lessons based around this video
- Resource includes a brief assessment with four multiple choice and three free-response questions